Big Boy Productions: Reloaded

Friday, July 27, 2001

Cart Mart Sucks

Proving that true game nerds have no social skills, going into CartMart today was absoluely horrid. The guy rejected my Playstation System, my Saturn system, and 16 of my 21 games. In fact, all he took was Legacy of Kain: Soul Reaver and Crazy Taxi 2 for the DC, and all my N64 games. He only took 5 games and my maracas. What was I bid for that fine piece of work? $94 of in-store credit, $65 in cold hard cash. I opted for the credit, planning on offloading the rest of my games at Software Etc. for cash and then coming back and buying a PS2 GT3 pack.

The guy at Software Etc. ruled. He was informative, funny, and friendly (something Cart-Mart employees have never heard of) and he took all my games except NFL Gameday 99 (which was worth $2 anyway). He came up with a total of $78, which I was pleased with. Unfortunately, it was good for store credit only. No cash. I took the credit, went back to CartMart, and got the cash, which the guy there almost wouldn't give to me (despite the fact that I had been in there a mere 45 minutes ago). He did give me the cash, and I have (so far)... $143 towards the purchase of a PlayStation2.

Lest you not forget that I still have NFL2K, NBA2K, and Sonic Adventure left unsold (I didn't try to offload them at my last Software Etc. trip... I wanted to put them in nicer jewel cases and get them skip doctored by Rob before trying to sell 'em...). I also have 8 controllers I plan on selling, not to mention a GoldFinger cheat device and four memory cards.

PS2, here we come.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home