Big Boy Productions: Reloaded

Wednesday, July 25, 2001

NCAA College Football 2002

Jamie purchased NCAA College Football 2002 at Software Etc today. It is the best college football game I've ever played. I think it is a couple notches up on the realism meter versus the NFL 2K series on the Dreamcast, but we haven't seen Sega Sports' offerings for this year's games yet, so we gotta wait and see. It may be more realistic, but at the moment, I find the 2K series more playable and a bit more fun. Perhaps it's because I'm not really used to the controls.

At any rate, in the first game we played, Jamie absolutely bent me over. It was a disgusting blow out... 47 to 7 in the third quarter before I had to leave to work at the 'Vee. My next school after Wash, the Iowa State Cyclones couldn't compare to the Iowa Hawkeye's. I must admit, it does a good job of capturing the college football feel. You've got announcers from ESPN and ABC Sports calling the shots, a dynasty mode where you gotta recruit incoming High Schoolers, authentic fight songs (very cool), and even the mascots. I did get a little tired of seeing Herky the Hawk dance to the Iowa fight song after quite a few touchdowns tho. :)

All in all, looks good, I can't wait to log some more playtime. It's the first PS2 title that has made us put the almighty Gran Turismo 3 down.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home