Big Boy Productions: Reloaded

Thursday, September 13, 2001

Not Understanding My Point
Obviously, you guys are either illiterate or failed to read my descriptive preamble. Perhaps I used words that were too big for you. Either way, you are not fairly representing me nor my point.

My point is this: as a nation, we need to pull together. We need to act as one. This is not the time for petty disputes, arguments, fights, or whatever. I am sickened when someone tries to turn this into a partisan fight, blaming it on Republicans or Democrats. The 20,000 plus people that died aren't categorized as Republicans, Democrats, Independents, Caucasians, Africans, Asians, Arabs, Indians, or anything else. They were Americans. 20,000 plus of our American Comrades died Tuesday.

A few news stations are switching their theme from "Attack on America" to positive themes such as "America Unites" or "Americans Together". If we as America are to unite as one, we need to all follow and act together.

I believe the professional and collegiate sporting associations have set a strong standard--a precedent for all of America to follow. Major League Baseball (MLB), the National Football League (NFL), Major League Soccer (MLS), the Professional Golfer's Association (PGA), the National Association for Stock Car Auto Racing Enthusiasts (NASCAR), and the National Collegiate Athletics Association (NCAA) have cancelled or postponed practically every single sporting event scheduled for this weekend, including the Iowa vs. Iowa State game in our own backyards.

I think if we are to unite as America, then the MVC and the Cedar Rapids Community School District should follow this example set by these associations and cancel this weekend's events. If they fail to do this, they are failing the very thing we should be doing right now, and that is uniting. If they aren't going to step in line with the rest of the sports community, the CRCSD and MVC are not united.

That is why I believe the sporting events this weekend should be cancelled. Stop thinking selfishly and only of yourself here in that, "I want to have fun this weekend, blah blah blah..." and realize that 20,000 plus Americans died and it's time we unite as a nation to not only grow stronger and prevent these horrific events from reoccurring, but also to honor those who died.

I'd also like to publicly state that my signature on Murphy McGrath's petition is not legitimate.

I agree that the terrorists wanted to disrupt our lives and wanted to create havoc in America. However, I think there is a line to be drawn when it comes to uniting the nation and growing stronger and honoring the victims versus being selfish and failing to show empathy for our fallen comrades. We will move on and become stronger, but there is a point where we have to disrupt America to honor the victims and come together as a nation.

Oh, and the National Mourning Day has been officially set as Friday. Please inform yourselves before making yourselves look like fools.

Again, I urge you to sign my petition if you want our nation to come together and truly give meaning to the United States of America.

Sign My Petition!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home