Big Boy Productions: Reloaded

Tuesday, October 30, 2001

Turn on the fun!
Well, Mike and I went over to the big Best Buy today for part one of the application process. We got there about 3:30 and the lady had us take a look at a paper that basically explained some very rudimentary things that they wanted you to agree to before going any farther. After that, we had to wait for a phone to be freed up so we could go and take the big phone interview. Woohoo, was that some shit. Hahaha, it basically asks you stuff that any idiot could figure out how they want you to answer. "If a really good employee is caught stealing $5, should they be dismissed?" Obviously, they want yes. There were only one or two questions that I couldn't really figure out how they wanted me to answer, so it was honesty there. I guess I got enough points or however they figure it, cuz I passed. After that, I sat back down. Mike passed too--so the next step was interview number two--with someone from Media--the department I applied for. This guy came up and asked who wanted to go first... Mike or I.

Mike was still working on his app, so I got to go first (and only, as it turns out). He asked me some questions like "What does a retail store need to do to keep customers coming and make them happy?" I fed him whatever BS he was looking for, and demonstrated my l33t DVD and Video Game knowledge. We just started talking about GameCube and Xbox after a while. The guy informed me that Best Buy was getting in 70 Xboxes and 28 Indigo GameCubes and 28 Black GameCubes, or 56 Cubes total. He seemed to really like me and told me that the last hoop to jump through was with the General Manager. I couldn't talk to him tonight because he wasn't there, so I have that final interview on Thursday at 4:30 PM. But the dude that DID interview me assured me that I pretty much have the job!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home