Big Boy Productions: Reloaded

Saturday, August 18, 2001

Football

The first week of football has come to an end, and still I know very few things for sure: 1) I am a JV allstar, 2) Justin Farley and Donny are complete and total idiots. Completely, today when we went team (my JV allstar self being on the scout team offense most of the time, of course) I had to explain to Farley what to do every play, even though the diagram was held right in front of his face. A few times I had to switch places with him becuase the play was to complicated for him to even attempt to grasp (i.e. it required more than one step). That of course was coupled with Donney attempting to explain to us all about how as a defensive lineman you are just gonna end up behind the offensive line, so why bother to do a fisto read. He said this about 10 seconds before he picked a side on the 3 on 1 drill and got his ass pushed about 10 yards from where the ball would have been going in a game. A few minutes later I overheard Coach White attempting to explain to him the concept of "team-play." That kid sure gives Farley a run for his money as team idiot. On a positive note though, I am 1/3 of the trio that is gonna score a good portion of our points this year - that trio being me, the longsnapper, Billy, the field goal kicker, and whomever ends up being the holder. Being a longsnapper is hella nice, becuase even though your position can be lost on a single bad snap, you don't have to do shit in pre-practice warm-ups. While everyone else does mirror drills, chutes, or whatever else coach tells them to do, me and Brug just quietly just stand off to the side and snap to each other, chuckling at the ease of our fate. France Surrenders and I'm going to bed now.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home