Big Boy Productions: Reloaded

Thursday, July 01, 2004

RE: University of Iowa Orientation

When I first went to Ames, I said a small prayer that the water wasn't as bad as Iowa City's water. I used to live in Iowa City, and it is HORRIBLE.

For the uninitiated... you may be wondering what the problem with Iowa City water is.

Go to a swimming pool, take a drink of the water, and you have Iowa City water, minus the urine. It's that chlorinated. When you take a shower, it smells like a swimming pool. It's horrible.

Ames' water is actually similar to my well water at home... it has a pretty high mineral content, which is perfect for me. I actually think it's a lot like my home water, except it's not soft water. My fridge in Ames was stocked at any given time with probably between 12-24 water bottles. I drank like two or three a day.

Also, that sounds like a ridiculous orientation. Iowa State's was lame, to be certain, and way too long, but there was a pretty high amount of useful information, and we did very little to do with schedules until the second day.

I walked into Carver Hall, met my academic advisor, and he sat me down at his desk, had me go to AccessPlus (ISU's version of ISIS), and sign for classes. It took like 5 minutes.

EDIT: Welcome to the glory of the College Town (TM). God bless co-eds.

EDIT 2: And before ANYONE says there are no hot chicks at Iowa State, I present to you the following URL.
http://iowastate.campusauthority.com/cycloneside/archive.asp

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home