Big Boy Productions: Reloaded

Tuesday, October 23, 2001

Re: Nitro and Charlie
I thought nothing could top the first Nitro. Until that is, when my dad announced we were going to go to Nitro in Des Moines for my birthday. Once again I took my tru wrestling dawgz Seyfer and Murphy.

We left with high spirits, with a two hour road trip ahead of us. This was memorable for the high school sports debate that went on, is moving players up a good idea? While they were arguing over athletics, I had visions of suplexes and powerbombs dancing in my mind.

In preperation we made some signs, my favorite being WHO BOOKED THIS CRAP? This was going to be used in case we saw a god awful Nitro, as the last string of them had been. Fortunatley, we had Terry Taylor booking this week so we could be assured of a reasonable quality Nitro.

Soon, we arrived in Des Moines and checked in to the Marriot. This being my birthday, my dad used his hook ups to get us the Presidential Suite. The four of us checked into the room and started checking it out. I found a note on top of the TV that had one sentence only: the wrestlers are staying in the hotel tonight. We jumped up and down in delight as we realized what this meant.

Not long after arriving, it was time for Nitro. We walked over and met my dad's friend and his son, who was some weird kid we didn't really talk too. The show began, and the wrestling action began. We saw some great matches, it was as good in my mind as the Nitro we had seen before.

Now it was time for AUTOGRAPHS. We scurried back to the hotel, and Murphy and I grabbed some autographing equipment, while Seyf chickened out and joined my dad in the elevator up to our room. Little did Murphy and I realize, Mr. Seyfer and Davis were riding up in the same elevator as THE NITRO GIRLS. Apperently, Davis did some mackin.

Meanwhile, Murphesto and I were racking up the autographs. Ms. Hancock even personalized our autographs. My list of autographs includes: Big Vito, Johnny the Bull, The Cat, incredibly talented indy star but never debuted for WCW Christopher Daniels, Buff Bagwell, Horace Hogan, Mike Awesome, Jung Dragon #1 Yang, WCW announcer Mark Madden, Vampiro, Chuck Palumbo, Sean Stasiak, and head of WCW Eric Bischoff.

To finish the night off, we watched the replay of our Nitro in our room. It was definetly one of the best times of my life. Also, if I have time I will scan all of my photos and autograph sheets.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home