Big Boy Productions: Reloaded

Tuesday, October 02, 2001

Name Hy-Vee Classics
Hy-Vee (my employer for well over 18 months now) is infamous for their absolutely wretched and horrid selection of music. Actually, it's not just limited to the store I work at (Mt. Vernon Road) or even Hy-Vee in general... it's some sort of digital satellite music service (similar to the Digital Music Express on Digital Cable), with the exception that its one feed: some sort of Adult Contemporary crap that plays a mixture of late 90s combined with some good and bad tunes from the 60s, 70s and 80s. At any rate, all Hy-Vees get this feed, and I've noticed that Taco Bell, Wendy's and Burger King also play the same feed. Boy, and I'm telling you what, when I'm wolfing down a classic triple, the last thing I want to hear is the same crap I hear at the 'Vee for hours.

It wouldn't be so completely horrid if not for the fact that most of the playlist repeats, and I'm not joking, every 6 hours or so. On an eight hour shift, you will hear the same music twice. Apparently, some songs must have a higher repeat rate than others, and the playlist isn't the exact same thing every time through. I imagine that the songs have a weight assigned to them, some are weighted to appear every four hours, some must be only every couple of days. I've heard The Monkees' classic, "I'm a Believer" only one time, and rockin' Billy Joel only hits Hy-Vee airwaves rarely, but some godawful songs like that annoying Shania Twain song which I can't name plays, I swear to God, every two hours.

Anyhow, dearest readers, I'm telling you all this because I want you to help me. Everyone goes into Hy-Vee, Burger King, Wendy's, or Taco Bell enough to have heard some of this wretched collection of music. I'm making a list and I want your help. Send me an Instant Message (my screen name is AdamBrewer, creative, huh?) and give me any song titles you can think of to add to my list. I'll edit this post as I get in new songs, so refresh the page, check the list, and IM my way any songs you think of. I'll either be online or have an away message up. Without further ado, here's the big list:

(as of 4:38 PM local time)
98 Degrees - I Do (Cherish You)
Backstreet Boys - I Want It That Way
Britney Spears - Sometimes
Bruce Hornsby - Changes
Celene Dion - My Heart Will Go On
David Gray - Babylon
Eagles - Love Will Keep Us Alive
Elton John - Can You Feel The Love Tonight?
Grover Washington - Just The Two Of Us (feat. Bill Withers)
Hootie and the Blowfish - Only Wanna Be With You
Monkees - I'm A Believer
R. Kelly - I Believe I Can Fly
Ricky Martin - She's All I Ever Had
Seal - Kiss From a Rose
Sixpence None the Richer - There She Goes
Shelby Lynn - Gotta Get Back
Stevie Wonder - Overjoyed
Sugar Ray - Someday
The Temptations - My Girl
Theme - Greatest American Hero (Believe It Or Not)
Turtles - Happy Together

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home