Big Boy Productions: Reloaded

Thursday, September 27, 2001

Hmmm, I listen to techno, whence I'm less of a person? Charlie Nordstrom has been crowned the man who dicktates what is good and what isn't? Since when does his opinion determine this? So, I listen to trance, I listen to acid jazz, Charlie doesn't like these.....OH NO! Forgive me for not giving a rat's ass. I'm more then willing to admit that there is a great deal of trance and acid jazz out there that is shit. No doubt. I listen to a select bunch, I've heard a lot of it, so I know what's good. The same can be said about punk rock, there's a plethora of punk out there that I would rather have a root canal performed then listen to. So, inherently, with every genre of music, there's going to be shit, but that's all opinionated. Music = Bram's life. From playing the guitar, to writing songs, going to concerts and spending insane amounts of money on CDs, it's what I do. I listen to *gasp* techno (trance, house, mushroom jazz, electronica, industrial, etc), but also rock, jazz, blues, acid jazz, trip hop, old skool hip hop (think Tribe Called Quest, The Roots, etc), and jam band stuff (Phish, Widespread Panic, String Cheese Incident). I could fill this screen with bands that I listen to and then some. So, how bout we stop pissing on other people's opinions and what they enjoy like 3rd graders.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home