Big Boy Productions: Reloaded

Thursday, June 17, 2004

RE: Have the Beasties Lost It?

Just wanted to say, great post Charlie. It's good to see your musical tastes are as strong as ever. I'm disappointed to hear that the new Beastie album doesn't live up to past performances. I haven't heard the new album yet, but I'll definitely have to give it a spin and form my own opinions.

It's too bad that more and more groups are getting increasing political, particularily anti-Bush. I don't really have a problem with musicians making political views in their songs, because at least they're saying something with their music, unlike most pop music, but when you aim it at a particular president, it's going to really date their music years down the road.

Like you said, you can put in an old Beastie album and enjoy yourself, but getting mired in the politics of this time will have a negative impact of the replayability of the album down the road.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home