Big Boy Productions: Reloaded

Sunday, November 11, 2001

Tony Hawk 3
This is without a doubt the greatest game in existance. I have been playing it nearly non-stop since I got it Friday afternoon, and boy am I happy with it. The graphics look great on the PS2, the textures are very nice and the framerate is very smooth. The great Neversoft level design also appears once again, with all 9 (basic) levels being excellent. I actually like the PS2 controls more then I liked the DC configuration. The revert is a great new move, which allows you to pull off you vert combos. Also, this game has secrets galore. There is at least one hidden area in each level, and 3 levels which are unlocked if the game is completed 100% with enough skaters. So far I've unlocked Darth Maul, Wolverine, and the Warehouse from the original THPS. Skaters used: Rodney Mullin, Darth Maul, Tony Hawk, and I've almost hit my fourth time with Steve Caballero. The bonus videos also take advantage of the PS2's power. In addition to the standard skating footage, you get little inserts into the video, such as a tour of Tony Hawk's home or Steve Caballero jamming with his newly-formed band or riding his dirtbike in his backyard course.

10/10, everyone should make this purchase. Hell, I bought a PS2 just for this game and am completely satisifed in everyway possible.

Jake disliked THPS 3, so I am going to say NAY in his admin vote unless he can convince me otherwise.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home