Big Boy Productions: Reloaded

Monday, September 24, 2001

My Freakin Money!
I have mutual fund with a Stein Roe. All I wanted to do was look at my shares to see what they have been doing lately. I figure that with the market being down, right now will be a good time to buy. Well; I go to the website and try to log-in and everything. I haven't logged into this site in probably about 7 or 8 months, so I have forgotten my password. I also didn't write it down for some reason. So, I try to call the customer service department, and I get a nice young woman buy the name of Elanor. I went through all the motions of giving her my account number, name, social securety number, and all that jazz. Right at the end of the conversation, right before she was about to reset my password, she politley informs me that there is a freakin custodian on the account. AHH!! She said she can't do anyhting with out talking to my mother. My dad was sitting right here, and she said it didn't matter if she talked to my dad, becasue HE wasn't the custodian. So basicly, 5 YEARS of my hard earned cash is at the hand of my dear mother, and for some reason, that just makes me not feel comfortable. I was able to work since I was ten years old, and have been investing that long also. I should be able to do whatever I please with my money. I am not going to go withdrawl it or sell it all and take the money!! DUH!! I will make tons more by just leaving it in there. It jsut makes me mad, thats all. I am an american, I can fight for this country in 11 months. I can drive. I can work, and by working I give money to this great country. So why should't I be able to do What I please with MY money!?!?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home